Olive Garden version revised by Seasoned With Love
I love love love this recipe! I can truly say that this recipe is so easy to make and so good! I originally got the recipe off Olive Garden’s web site; you can get the original recipe HERE. I just tweaked it a little and simplified it a bit. This helps especially if you cook in large quantity (that way you have leftovers). We love leftovers in my house so I always double the recipe. The original recipe calls for 4 chicken breast pounded between 2 plastic wrap to about ¼" thickness. I substituted that for frozen chicken tenders, and cut them in chunks (that way there is no pounding) and you can make more for leftovers. I hope you will like this recipe! Happy cooking!
8-10 strips of chicken tenders (frozen)
½ cup flour
2 cups cooking
4 cups mushrooms sliced
8 Tbs. butter (non-sweet)
salt, pepper for taste
dried oregano for taste
1. Cut the chicken into chunks, if they are frozen, defrost in microwave or in refrigerator.
2. Season chicken with salt, pepper and dried oregano.
3. Place flour into a bowl, add the seasoned chicken to the bowl and coat the chicken in flour.
4. Heat a few Tbs. of oil in a big frying skillet, shake off any excess flour of chicken and place in hot skillet to fry. Fry all sides of chicken until golden brown.
5. Add butter to skillet, then add mushrooms, continue to cook chicken and mushrooms until mushrooms become tender.
6. Add marsala wine, cover and simmer 15 minutes longer. As the sauce sits, it will thicken, if it’s too runny; add a teaspoon or two more of flour.
7. Place on top of some creamy mash potato, Enjoy!